There is a maximum of one application per student. Enter your best research paper or project!
Applications must include the following 5 documents. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Application Cover Sheet
- A 600-800 word essay describing your research strategies and use of library resources and services. It is recommended that you use the five questions in the Essay Requirements. Additionally, examine the Grading Rubric to see the types of details you should include in your essay.
- Faculty Support Form submitted by the professor who graded your submitted paper/project. (If another professor is familiar with your research paper/project, you may submit another form. A maximum of 2 Faculty Support Forms are permitted.)
- A 250-500 word abstract of your paper/project along with a separate complete works cited list, reference list, or bibliography in APA, MLA, Chicago, or other recognized style. Do not submit your entire paper!
There are 2 ways to submit your application:
- In Person: Please bring your application, enclosed in an envelope, to the Library Administrative Offices, located on the 4th floor of Leatherby Libraries. Applications will be accepted Monday-Friday between 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., not including holidays.
- By Mail: Please mail your application to the following address:
Scott Stone, Research Prize Committee
One University Drive
Orange, CA 92866
You will receive a confirmation e-mail within 3 days of receipt of your application. Deadline for submission is 5 p.m. on Monday, April 15, 2013. Late applications will not be considered.