Computer workstations in the Leatherby Libraries are for educational, informational, and research purposes only.
Computer use is restricted to Chapman University students, faculty, and staff, except for selected public access computers.
The Scholars' Corner computer and one computer across from the Reference Desk are accessible to visitors. There is a 60 minute limit on use with no print capability from these specific workstations.
Access to computers within the Leatherby Libraries is provided in support of the University’s mission: To provide a personalized education of distinction that leads to inquiring, ethical and productive lives as global citizens.
Access to all information resources, including the online resources at the Leatherby Libraries, is a privilege and must be treated as such by all users of the system to protect the rights of the community. Use of these resources, including computer equipment and software, must be in a manner consistent with pertinent University policies, procedures, and codes of conduct, in addition to applicable federal, state, and local laws. The University’s Acceptable Use Policy is available at http://www.chapman.edu/campus-services/information-systems/security/acceptable-use-policy.aspx
The following are deemed unacceptable
uses of the equipment and/or software. These unacceptable uses include, but are not limited to:
Consequences of misuse
- copying, modifying or deleting system facilities or files
- interfering with computer or network access
- interfering or tampering with any campus or library security settings
- using the resources for commercial purposes not related to University business
- accessing and participating in games not directly related to Chapman University curriculum.
- reproducing and/or distributing copyrighted materials unlawfully or any materials that have been provided on a subscription basis by agreement between Leatherby Libraries and electronic resource vendors
- violating any individual’s right to privacy
- using Leatherby Libraries equipment to harass another individual or group
Violation of the Leatherby Libraries’ Acceptable Use Policy may result in revocation of library privileges and/or any consequences listed in the University’s Acceptable Use Policy available at http://www.chapman.edu/campus-services/information-systems/security/acceptable-use-policy.aspx
Updated May, 2013