The Leatherby Libraries computer classroom (LL 305) is available to Chapman University faculty, staff, and administrators for class and training needs on a limited basis. The room houses 40 computers, one instructor station, and one printer.
Please direct requests to use the classroom to Carolyn Radcliff, Chair of Public Services (email@example.com
). Requests should be made at least one week prior to the desired date. Please include your name, department, desired date and time, and reason for the request. Responses to requests will be sent within two days.
Requesting use of the classroom by personnel outside the library:
- The needs of the Leatherby Libraries instructional program take precedence over other requests when scheduling classrooms. Generally, the classroom is unavailable during the periods of the semester when there is a heavy information literacy instruction load, typically the first eight weeks of the semester.
- The classroom may be requested by groups needing computers for hands-on learning. (Groups that do not require the technology in the classroom can seek other space on campus.)
- The classroom can be used for one class session or up to four hours at a time, Monday through Friday. During summer and interim semesters, and during weekends year-round, room requests will be honored according to availability.
- A faculty, administrator, or staff member may use the classroom twice per semester.
- The classroom is available only during building hours.
Using the classroom:
- On the day of the classroom use, the person making the reservation must check in at the Circulation Desk to obtain access to the classroom.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the classroom without prior approval.
- Additional technology and software may not be installed in the classroom without prior approval. Assistance with the room’s technology may be obtained by contacting IS&T at 714-997-6600.
- Upon completion of the session the classroom must be returned to its original condition: projector and lights turned off; computers logged off, and any rearranged furniture put back.
- Staff at the Circulation Desk must be notified when the room is vacant.