The 6 media rooms in the library and the group study rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floors are available for booking up to 7 days in advance.
Group study rooms located on the 1st floor are available on a first come, first served basis and may not be booked in advance.
Booking requests can be made from the library webpage http://www.chapman.edu/library/
by clicking on the “Room Booking”
link in the “Services”
Review the policies and guidelines for the use of the Room Booking system. After reviewing, check the box at the bottom of the page to continue to the next screen where you can create a booking account or make a booking request.
Create a Room Booking Account: (First Time Users Only)
Booking a Room:
- Only Chapman University email addresses from actively enrolled students and currently employed administrators, faculty, and staff will be accepted.
- Only complete and accurate registrations will be approved.
- Once the account has been approved, the restrictions will be removed, and you will be able to make a booking.
Checking out a Booked Room:
- The Circulation Department will not create a room booking for you.
- Room booking requests are available in 1 hour, 2 hour, or 3 hour blocks.
- Room booking requests can be made up to 7 days in advance.
- You can only have one booking in the system at a time.
- If you would like to extend the booked time in your current room, you may only request a booking adjustment at the Circulation Desk. The bookable room kit must be checked in and then checked back out. A new receipt will be issued with the adjusted due time.
- Only the person who placed the booking can cancel or modify it.
Returning a Bookable Room Kit
- The person who placed the booking must present their University ID card at the Circulation Desk.
- You must have a current library account free of any outstanding blocks (overdue items, fines, expired library account, etc.). Blocks must be resolved prior to check-out.
- Bookable room kits are for in library use only. Do not take the kit or room key out of the building.
- A receipt will be issued that contains the due date and time. Please retain your checkout receipt.
- Prior to returning the bookable room kit, the user (along with all other individuals) will exit the room and ensure that the door closes and locks behind them.
- Occupying a room or allowing others to do so after returning the bookable room kit will result in suspension of booking privileges.
- Wait in line to return the bookable room kit. Do not leave the bookable room kit on the Circulation counter or place in bookdrops.
- The bookable room kit must be handed to a Circulation Assistant at the Circulation Desk.
- The bookable room kit is due at the Circulation Desk at the end of the booked time. The due time is firm, and there is no grace period.
- You can cancel or modify your booking by accessing your account online up until the start of the booking. Bookings can then only be cancelled or modified by contacting the Circulation Department at (714) 532-7723. Cancellation or modification requests will not be accepted by email.
- Failure to checkout the bookable room kit or modify the booked time within the first 10 minutes will result in the cancellation of your booking.
- A $5 overdue fine will be assessed for returning the bookable room kit late. Fines will continue to accrue at $5 for each additional hour to a maximum overdue fine of $40. There is no grace period.
- In the event of loss or damage to a bookable room kit or touch panel (located in the media rooms), replacement charges will be assessed as follows (plus processing and billing fees):
The user also agrees to the following:
- $2 per dry erase marker
- $4 for a dry eraser
- $2 for a case
- $50 for an access key
- $1000 for a media room touch panel
Suspension of Booking Privileges:
- The person who checked out the key assumes full responsibility for the bookable room, its equipment, furniture, and all individuals inside the room.
- Food and beverages are prohibited.
- Filming is prohibited.
- Do not cover the windows or obstruct the door.
- Do not attempt to change any settings, reprogram or remove any software or audio/visual equipment from a media room.
- Do not add or remove furniture from a room.
- Report any room damage or malfunctioning equipment immediately to the Circulation Department.
- Use the touch panel to turn off plasma screens and audio/visual equipment in the media rooms. Do not manually turn off the equipment.
- Failure to comply with room booking policies will result in a minimum 30 day suspension of booking privileges.
- Continued violations of the room booking policies will result in either a longer suspension or permanent loss of booking privileges.
If you have any questions about any of the above stated Room Booking Policies and Guidelines, please contact the Circulation Department.
*Note: The Room Booking System Is Best Viewed With Internet Explorer 7.0 and higher*