|Library Home... Information... Event Announcement Boards|
Event Announcement Boards in the Leatherby Libraries
Guidelines for Library Users (Students and Faculty)
The Leatherby Libraries welcomes the opportunity for students, faculty, and other campus units to publicize upcoming events in the Allred Entrada (first floor lobby). Due to aesthetic concerns, limited space availability and safety issues, the Leatherby Libraries must limit the number at any one time. Below are the guidelines for approval of Event Announcement Boards in the Leatherby Libraries.
1. All Event Announcement Boards must be approved by Librarians or Library Staff in order to be displayed in the Leatherby Libraries. A permission form must be completed by the person requesting the display of the board(s). Initials of the library employee on the verso of the board(s) will signify approval. Student announcements must also contain the approval stamp of the Associated Students.
2. The Circulation Department assumes primary oversight of the Event Announcement Boards.
3. The library assumes that the campus unit wishing to announce an upcoming event in the library will provide their own easels. However, the Circulation Department would have a limited number of easels available if necessary.
4. Event Announcement Boards can be placed in one of four locations: to the left and right of the east and west doors.
5. The Event Announcement Boards will be on exhibit through the event date and removed the next day.
6. The party responsible for the Event Announcement Board should pick up the item within 2 days of the completion of the event.
7. The Circulation Department will store unclaimed boards for up to 3 days and then discard them or give them to Special Collections.
Chapman University Leatherby Libraries
One University Drive Orange CA 92866