|Library Home... Interlibrary Loan... Proxy Borrowing for Research Assistants|
Proxy Borrowing for Research Assistants
Proxy Borrowers in the Leatherby Libraries are departmental employees, research, graduate, or student assistants that you authorize to conduct library business on your behalf. You must designate a proxy borrower by filling out and submitting the appropriate form. You designate a proxy borrower to do all of the following processes, in person, at the Circulation Desk:
• Access your library account
• Check out items (books, CD's, DVD's, videos, reference, reserves, special collection, etc.)
• Check out interlibrary loan books
• Renew items
• Place/cancel holds
• Place/remove items from course reserve
• Change checkout times for items on course reserve
• Place Interlibrary Loan requests using ILLiad.
To authorize a Proxy Borrower, visit the Circulation Desk on the first floor of the Leatherby Libraries, or visit the following web page: http://www1.chapman.edu/library/info/circproxy.html
Once you have authorized a Proxy Borrower contact the Interlibrary Loan Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 714-532-7717 to create a Proxy ILLiad account. The Interlibrary Loan Department will provide you with a username and password that can be shared with your authorized Proxy Borrower.
Chapman University Leatherby Libraries
One University Drive Orange CA 92866